Hire us for your next event
Brisbane City Sounds will sing for you at your next community event, corporate function or party, or we can tailor a show to suit you.
We sing acappella, in 4-part harmony and do so without music.
Contact us to find out more.
Our standard repertoire includes:
- Traditional and modern Christmas carols
- Australian songs
- 50s and 60s hits
- Modern pop
- Fun favourites and show tunes.
What we offer
- A concert style package (approximately 30-40 minutes) or short roving sets (over 2-3 hours) in venues like shopping centres.
- Small groups of 4-12 singers or a larger group of 25-35 women. This will depend on your requirements, the size of the performance space and the availability of chorus members.
- A polished and professional performance.
We have been singing together for more than 10 years.
We sing at fetes, festivals and community events throughout the year, and compete in national choral competitions. Small groups have sung at balls and dinner functions, and we hold regular foyer performances at the Palace Barracks Cinema.
We also have stage and theatre experience, where we host or participate in a longer show with other acts.
Read about some of our past events or watch our video.
Our needs will vary according to the number of people, and the style of the show, but as a guide we require:
- Performance space of approximately 4 x 3 m square. If the whole chorus is performing, a stepped arrangement is preferred, but not required.
- Warmup space away from the performance area where we can sing.
- Secure area to leave belongings.
We also ask for as much notice as possible so we can advise members and make sure there are enough singers for each part available for the required performance.
Our equipment needs vary depending on the venue and type of event. We often sing without microphones, particularly in smaller areas, or we have our own microphones and sound equipment that we provide if needed.
We are a not-for-profit organisation, so all money raised goes back into the chorus for education, music, costumes, equipment and costs associated with running a community organisation.
Our charge varies according to the length of the show and the number of people involved. Please contact us to discuss how we can help you enhance your event.